Buffalo Chicken Dip
- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red peppers
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons Tabasco® hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Set the cream cheese out to soften.
- Drain the red peppers and measure 1/2 cup. Puree in a blender or food processor to make red pepper sauce.
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth. Add pureed peppers and 2 teaspoons of Tabasco sauce. Stir until combined.
- Add the chicken and gently mix. Add additional hot sauce 1/2 teaspoon at a time; taste and continue to add hot sauce to the heat level you desire.
- Place mixture in a slow cooker for 2 to 3 hours on low heat, or bake in the oven at 350° F for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm dip with carrots, celery, cucumber, cauliflower for dipping, or make mini roll-ups by wrapping dip inside lettuce or cabbage leaves.