Cran-Apple Cinnamon Snack Mix
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup dried apples
- 2 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups Shredded Wheat Bite-size cereal
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries, sweetened
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Spray a large rectangular cake pan (9" x 13" or larger) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dice the dried apples.
- In a large bowl mix cereals and dried fruit; set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat egg whites, sugar, apple juice and cinnamon with a whisk or hand mixer until foamy.
- Pour egg mixture over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Spread mixture into baking pan and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until cereal is lightly brown and crispy.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.