Chicken and Apple Curry
one chicken breast with sauce
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup rice milk, unenriched
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9” x 13” (or larger) baking dish, adding pepper to taste. Set aside.
In a saucepan, sauté apple, onion and garlic in butter over a medium heat until tender.
Add curry powder and basil; mix well, and sauté for another minute.
Stir in the flour, and continue to cook one minute longer.
Add chicken broth and rice milk, stirring well. Remove from heat.
Pour sauce mixture over chicken breasts, and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is done.