Low Phosphorus Fudge with Protein Powder
- CKD non-dialysis
one 3” x 1-1/2” piece
2/3 cup almond milk, unenriched
1-2/3 cups granulated sugar
1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 scoop whey protein powder
- Grease a 9 inch square pan with nonstick spray or butter.
- Combine almond milk and sugar in a large heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Stir constantly and continue a rolling boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add 1 scoop protein powder. Mix with hand mixer until protein powder dissolved.
- Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Quickly pour into a greased pan. Cool; cut into 3 x 1-1/2 inch pieces, making 18 pieces.