Beefy Pita Pockets(2)
- CKD non-dialysis
2 pita halves with 3/4-cup beef and vegetables
1 medium onion
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet® browning and seasoning sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
6 pieces pita bread
- Slice the onion and mushrooms; slice bell pepper into thin strips. Chop parsley.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms. Sauté until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Remove vegetables to a plate.
- Add beef to the skillet and cook until no trace of pink remains, 5 to 6 minutes. Spoon off and discard any fat.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, Kitchen Bouquet sauce and black pepper; stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables to the beef and stir to combine. Stir in the parsley and cook until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Warm the pitas. Cut each pita in half and pull open. Fill each half with the beef and vegetable mixture.