Day-after Thanksgiving Turkey Panini
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin Swiss cheese
- 2-1/2 ounces turkey, cooked, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons whole berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat grill pan or Panini machine to medium heat.
- Spread each piece of bread with one teaspoon of butter.
- On the unbuttered side of one piece of bread, layer one slice of cheese, leftover sliced turkey, cranberry sauce and remaining slice of cheese. Place remaining slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
- Put sandwich in pan or onto Panini machine. Grill sandwich 5 minutes on Panini machine or until it is golden and toasted.
- If using a pan, press sandwich down with a pan lid. Flip sandwich after about 3 minutes or when bottom is fully toasted. Cook other side about 3 minutes or until toasted.