Grilled Salmon Sandwiches with Chipotle Mayonnaise
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 ounces salmon fillets (4 each)
- 1/4 cup chipotle mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place salmon fillets on the grill and cover. Cook until the flesh flakes easily, 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice and lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Remove salmon from grill, and allow to rest, covered with foil on a plate for 5-10 minutes. Remove the skin.
- While salmon is resting, place sourdough bread on grill grates and allow 1-2 minutes on each side, or until toasted.
- To assemble the open faced sandwich, start with sourdough bread, and top with an even amount of chipotle mayo, then the arugula, salmon, and top with the roasted red peppers.