Summer Chicken Pasta Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 ounces tri-colored rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium orange bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 medium red onion
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 medium carrots
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cooked
- 2.25 ounces canned sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, omitting salt. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Chop jalapeno and bell peppers after removing seeds and membrane.
- Chop red onion and basil. Shred carrots.
- Dice cooked chicken breasts. Drain and rinse olives.
- In a large bowl toss all ingredients together.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.