- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound summer squash
- 1 pound zucchini squash
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 8 ounces unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- Cut squash and zucchini into 1” cubes, dice the green bell pepper. Place squash in a 3-1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the pineapple, green bell pepper, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter.
- Spoon mixture over squash and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6-7 hours or until squash is tender. Stir gently to mix.
- Serve immediately.